We are guided by the following core values; together they serve to enable us to carry out our work on behalf of the community:
- Perseverance and Determination– We strive to achieve our goals with determination and persist in our efforts to serve the deafblind community;
- Initiative– DBCA uses its initiatives to come up with different solutions to novel and old problems that exist in the deafblind community;
- Humility– The community’s interests supersede the individual’s;
- Excellence– DBCA is striving for excellence in every aspect of life ranging from doing better in school, performing more effectively at work, and living in a productive life, that will empower individuals with vision and hearing loss in the deafblind community;
- Strength and Accountability– We face challenges with strength and, because the community can’t trust who it can’t forgive and who never owns their failings, we hold ourselves accountable for what we do; and
- Diversity– Diversity within the membership of the organization is vital to promote equal opportunities for everyone in the deafblind community, and the organization includes people of different viewpoints, experiences, needs and strengths.